Ok, so I thought I would share the top 5 things I buy at the grocery store… at least in this phase of my life.
I am by no means saying that what I buy is right for everybody, and at the same time I think it’s good to identify what your top 5 staple items are that you consistently buy.
Then you can ask- Do I feel good when I eat or drink this item? When did I start purchasing this item? Is there a healthier version of this item I can swap out and not know the difference (maybe something lower sugar/not processed/ non-dairy/ gluten-free)
Note: I only make these suggestions because if your answer to question 1 is that you think you could feel better… than a swap might help! I’m not saying everybody should eat gluten and dairy free, it just tends to be a common sensitivity.
Here are my top 5:
- Almond Milk– I try to buy unsweetened but occasionally get vanilla… yum! Use it for smoothies almost every day
- Bananas– Again… Smoothies, all day every day. Bananas get a bad wrap for their sugar content. So again, if you feel ok and don’t have a health complaint… go bananas!
- Root Vegetables- Organic Zucchini and Carrots- I do know that for me root vegetables digest better that leafy vegetables or nightshades (like tomatoes, eggplant, peppers) for me, so I stick to these. I even went to a constitutional acupuncturist who told me ’bout myself and confirmed this.
- Peanut Butter– I go back and forth between peanut and almond butter, I have noticed that peanut butter makes me sleepy sometimes lol… but the smoothies! It’s so good in smoothies!
- Organic Eggs- Organic eggies are almost always on hand at our house. I make egg muffins, over easy, scrambled with veggies, and my favorite- protein pancakes!
So, as you can see. My top 5 are not ‘perfect’, but they are things that I really love and I have gone through many phases of my “top 5” from lean chicken and spinach, to cookie dough and cream…
Take a look at your CURRENT top 5… How are they working for you?
Looking forward to hearing. Leave a comment to share your top 5!
Here’s to you and yours,
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment